Wednesday, July 28, 2010

UFOs - 27 Projects and Counting?

The process of writing this blog is eye opening. Those who know me may not be surprised. Okay, likely even they will be at least a little surprised by the number of my UFOs. I have discovered I am completely incapable of finishing a project! How did this happen? And more importantly, how can I fix it?


Step 1
Document my Unfinished Projects
Where do I begin?? Apparently I need to shame myself by admitting my dirty little secret. Document it so I can't ignore it anymore. But how? Do I catalogue my projects by technique? Stage of completion? Do I include the kits of smaller projects that I have not even begun? How about fabric without a "home"? Mystery solved! Apparently I spend so much time thinking about my projects (and fondling fabric) that I never actually do anything!

I have spent spare moments in the last two days looking at my sewing room, searching for an answer and simply feeling overwhelmed by the clutter and incompletion. No time like the present. I am sure I will find more as I go along. I am not even going to open my closet :)

My UFOs


Sandwiched/Quilting Needs to be Completed
Baby Bargello - Batik (Pieced)
Spring Cleaning - Thimblebery Fabrics (Pieced)

Quilt Top Completed Big Block Flannel Quilt (Pieced)

Needs Borders/Square Up
Sailboat Quilt for my Son's bed (Machine Applique)

In Rows
Oriental Elegance (Pieced)

Blocks Completed

Friendship Star - Thimbleberry Lakeside (Pieced)

Pieces of Fabric in Great Organized Containers!

The Beatles Quilt (Pieced)
2010 Piecemakers (Hand Applique)
1998 Piecemakers (Hand Applique)
Pretty Dresses in 30s (Hand Applique)
Dresdon Plate - Thimbleberries Lakeside and Lodge (Hand Applique)
McKenna Ryan - "Journey to Light" (Machine Applique)
"Winding Roads" Quiltmaker Scrap Pattern (Pieced)
"Sweet Hearts" McCalls Quick Quilts Pattern (Pieced)
Thimbleberries Block of the Month (2008)
Elm Creek Quilts - Olde Silver Thimble Bookclub (Pieced)
Traditional Sampler (Mixed Methods)
Moda Madiera Jelly Roll Quilt (Pieced)

Uncut Kits or Fabric
1999 Piecemakers - Time and Season (Hand Applique)
30's miniature quilt kit - Dresden Plate (Hand Applique)
Art to Heart - "I Believe" (Machine Applique)
Northcott "Cambridge Square" (Pieced)
"Bali with Love"(Machine Applique)
Row Your Quilt (Mixed)
McKenna Ryan - Petals of my Heart (Machine Applique)

Misc Projects
Disney Cars Pillowcases
Flannel Snowman Family Christmas Wall Hanging - Panel with borders
Too many more kits of bags, chatelaines, wallhangings, journal covers etc. to possibly name

-------------------------------------

Well if I doubted I had a problem before, I can no longer hide from it! Now I just need to ponder what to do about it! Suggestions are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment