Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I have been in love with the same Moda layer cake for more than a year. Each time I looked at it, I had the incredible urge to buy it. But in my head, I could hear that little voice that says "You have so much fabric. Don't even think about it!" Well, after months and months, I gave in and became the proud owner of a Moda "Love Is In the Air" layer cake. The question was then, what to do with this fabulous assortment of fabric?

As soon as I got home, I jumped on Moda Bake Shop looking for inspiration. I love that site!! Then I saw it. Charming Hearts. Although the pattern is done in charm squares (therefore.... the name), a layer cake makes up easier and a little less scrappy. This is what it looks like so far, pieced on my design wall.

The pattern now calls for a dark mini inner border and then a scrappy outer border using the remainder of the layer cake/charms. What I am struggling with is what color to use as the inner border and binding. First I thought RED! But I am having such a difficult time matching the 'right' red, that now I am thinking chocolate brown maybe? Any ideas would be greatly accepted and appreciated!! :)

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment