Monday, January 24, 2011

I Chose Red!

I was on a roll. I just had to put on the two borders and I would have a completed top! My daughter and I went to a new local quilt shop (Sew Have Fun!) and found a Kona red that is perfect for the inner border.... and the binding.... and the backing!! I love RED!!!! At the same time, she witnessed a children's Learn to Sew class that she just has to join! A great Saturday! We came home, put the fabric in the washer (I am always a prewasher, but with red fabric it is a requirement).... and then it happened.........

I turned on the computer to quickly check for updates on the Moda Bake Shop site. Progressive Dinner!! If you have not been following this Blogging Dream, fix that right away!! Some of my favorite bloggers, like Amanda Jean and Moda Lissa are involved, but I have also found a bunch of great new blogs. So instead of sewing this week, I have been reading other people's blogs! Although I am disappointed I haven't done a lot of sewing this weekend, I have done a lot of great reading :) Go check it out and put your name in to win the new book and the great Moda precuts!!!

Only two more days of Progressive Dinner and I'll get to my own sewing and have those borders on so I can sandwich my quilt this weekend and have it completed for Valentine's Day. That is my challenge to myself!

Anyone else have a challenge they are working toward?

Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

  1. remember the QUILTER with the most FABRIC wins! Even if they are UFO'S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blog hopping can be almost as adictive as quilting.

    ReplyDelete