Monday, October 21, 2013

And the UFO's Grow......

This week, thanks to my Making Christmas list, I have been listening to the hum of my sewing machine for about 30 to 60 minutes every night.  I am 10 strips out of 15 into my 23 log cabin blocks for my Northcott BoM. A lot of sewing but still so much further to go.  PLUS, I only have 3 of my 12 actual BoM blocks done.  However, this time last week I just had a bunch of strips of fabric, so I am focusing on the progress.  As slow as it is....

I have made progress on other items on my list, but it has meant I have started two new UFO's.  The fabric below is for my cardinal pillows. This is all from my stash, which makes me very happy.


I also added to my stash this week.  I decided to make Tree Napkins for my children's teachers.  That required new fabric, right?  Of course!  The plan is to use something from my stash as the second fabric.  Once I actually make a decision, I will be sure to share.

Making Christmas List (Week 2):

Quilt for my son (very much past due!) - Backing fabric ordered from Connecting Threads!
Exclamation Quilt for Ice Fyre Raffle (UFO from my last post) - Two borders left!
Espresso Christmas  Ornament - No Progress
Log Cabins for my Northcott BoM Quilt - 10 of 15 logs attached
Cardinal Pillow from this month's McCall's Quilting!!!! Fabric chosen, embroidery started
Bag for my daughter for Christmas - No progress
Christmas Presents for Teachers - Fabric Purchased!
Christmas Present for my fantastic sitter - No progress

Wow.  I actually made progress!!  Thanks to Janine and Rebecca for the inspiration!!

Happy Quilting!



2 comments: